ChristLine Counseling is the online division of Foundations Christian Counseling Services, Inc., a Christ-Centered Counseling Service located in Northeast, PA.
Due to state laws, we presently serve only residents of Pennsylvania and Missionaries overseas.
We are committed to providing professional, biblically-based counseling to all whom we serve, regardless of sex, race, religion, or sexual preference. We believe that an individual’s emotions, thoughts, behaviors, and interactions are caused by motives that stem directly from the heart. Though the cause of most behaviors come from the heart, we recognize that we are created as spirit and body. Therefore, we recognize that many actions and interactions are influenced by our body chemistry (hormones, deficiencies, adrenaline, etc.) as well as our situations and circumstances. It is our desire to provide counseling that is God-centered, Spirit-led, and Hope-focused to help clients find peace emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
We believe that our past influences affect present realities and relationships. We will focus on the heart’s responses to past and present influences and address some of the foundational issues of worth, love, and trust. In Biblical counseling, you can expect practical & Biblical directions on how to live by faith, renew the mind, manage emotions, resolve trauma of the past, and pursue peace in relationships.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Foundations Christian Counseling Services, Inc. Professional Staff, Board Members and Officers subscribe to the following:
We Believe . . .
• That there is one God who exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• That Jesus Christ (the Son of God) was born of a virgin, was sinless, performed miracles and died on the cross as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Jesus ascended into heaven and He will return in his glory and power.
• That a person becomes justified by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
• That the Bible is the infallible, inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
• That the Holy Spirit indwells the lives of believers and regenerates sinful humanity, gives illumination to the Word of God and convicts people of sin to enable the Christian to live a godly life.
• That humanity (male and female) was created by God in His image and that as a result of sin, we do not enjoy the life or relationships that God intends for us.
• That membership in the family of God and His church is important for fellowship, belonging, encouragement and accountability.
We Value . . .
• God’s Word: We are committed to honoring the integrity of the 66 Books of the Bible and seek to pursue the authentic interpretations of the Scriptures through the Holy Spirit. We acknowledge that the Scriptures are “useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.” (2 Tim 3:16).
• The Holy Spirit: We rely on the Wonderful Counselor, the Holy Spirit, for insight and revelation of God’s Word and in understanding and applying Scriptural truths in speaking with those whom we serve.
• The Church: We acknowledge that many denominations observe different interpretations of various passages of Scriptures. We also acknowledge that many place themselves under the authority of a church and their teaching. Therefore, we approach counsel without preference to any denominational teaching on topics outside salvation (by faith through grace in Christ), and we recommend that certain topics be discussed with their pastor and research in the Word.
• The Family: We hold to the traditional biblical understanding that a marriage union is between a man and a woman. As ministers of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-19), we seek to help couples unite and reconcile when possible. We view the family as a place where Faith and Action Meet In Love throughout the Years.
• Competence: We commit to continued training and competence in Scripture and in the application of Scripture to mental health and relational issues affecting modern society. We recognize that when Scriptures are introduced to our lives and in the lives of those served, it must be done with grace and humility.